Can you believe we’re almost at New Years?! How was everyone’s Christmas? We did just the three of us this year, which was so fun! Usually there’s all kinds of extended family around, which I totally love, but with us just moving to Atlanta that wasn’t going to happen this year. So a quiet, small Christmas it was. Very intimate and sweet. I liked it. 🙂
I just love this time of year. Hot cocoa, new beginnings, winter break, time with family… all good. The week between Christmas and New Years is always a time of reflection and anticipation for me. As I reflect on the good things that happened in this previous year, the lessons learned, and the wisdom gained, I can’t help but be excited for the new of the coming year and wondering where I’ll be by the end of it.
Anyway, you all know that I just love a good quote. They’re good for the soul! So I’m going to get right to it. These are my absolute favorite New Year’s quotes!
- Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’ – Alfred Tennyson
- Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one. – Brad Paisley
- May Light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your Hurts turn to Healing;
Your Heart embrace Feeling.
May Wounds become Wisdom;
Every Kindness a Prism.
May Laughter infect you;
Your Passion resurrect you.
May Goodness inspire
your Deepest Desires.
Through all that you Reach For,
May your arms Never Tire. – D. Simone
- The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. – G.K. Chesterton
- Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year. – Charlotte Eriksson
- Nothing is as good as coming into the new year with zeal, hope and positive mind. – Bamigboye Olurotimi
- And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been. – Rainier Maria Rilke
- Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties. – Helen Keller
- Celebrate what you want to see more of. – Tom Peters
- Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will. – Jonathan Edwards