I love marriage. Seeing happily married couples is one of my favorite things, always has been. You know the old couple who still holds hands. Dah! Be still my heart. I just love it. Since I got married a little over 2 1/2 years ago, my life has changed so much for the better. I was fortunate enough to marry my best friend.
Oh sure there’s been ups and downs along the way. Life has it’s way of throwing curveballs when you least expect it… as I type this I’m looking at my not-so-planned 11 month old daughter ha! But it all works out for the good. Being married has caused me to become more confident and secure in who I am. Will is my greatest cheerleader and strongest support system. We push each other to become better people, and laugh like delirious children along the way.
To have a partner for life, someone who is always in your corner. To have a person fight for you, and for what you have together. It’s powerful stuff guys. Maybe I’m still all doe-eyed and Hallmarky (I’ve have dubbed this to be a new word) about the subject, but I like it. There is something just so magical about two people being happy and in love.
For all those single peeps who are wanting to get married, hang in there. The wait is worth it. Because when you find the right person, it is freaking awesome!
So anyway, here’s some quotes (you all know my love of quotes by now) to celebrate marriage in all it’s glorious, funny, sometimes annoying, beautiful forms. Love is amazing.
Quotes on Marriage
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. – Mignon McLaughlin
- Marriage is about becoming a team. You’re going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you’ll always figure out a way to get through it. – Nicholas Sparks
- 90% of marriage is shouting “what” from other rooms. – Unknown
- Happy is the man that finds a true friend, and far happier is he that finds that true friend in his wife. – Franz Schubert
- Marriage: an endless sleepover with your favorite weirdo. – Unknown
- Cuddle with me so I can put my freezing cold feet on you, and probably use you as a pillow and steal all the covers. – Unknown
- Marriages, like careers, need constant nurturing… the secret of having it all is loving it all. – Joyce Brothers
- Great marriages don’t happen by luck or by accident. They are the result of a consistent investment of time, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, affection, prayer, mutual respect, and a rock-solid commitment between a husband and wife. – Dave Willis
- If you enjoy searching for someone else’s lost stuff then marriage is for you. – Unknown
- May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise. – Rumi
- A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, forgiveness of mistakes and a promise to never give up on each other. – Surabhi Surendra
- My wife Mary and I have been married for 47 years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never. – Jack Benny
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. – Martin Luther
- Our journey isn’t perfect, but it’s ours… and I’ll stick with you till the end. – Fierce Marriage
- Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can’t sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can’t sleep with the window open. – George Bernard Shaw
For more encouragement and chuckles, here are some great quote books!
What are some of your favorite quotes/funnies about marriage?